Heat Index Cancellation Procedure - GTIHL Weather Station
- White Zone - Heat index of 65-80 degrees - No special measures will be taken.
- Yellow Zone - Heat index of 81-89 degrees - Players are encouraged to take extra steps to stay hydrated. No special measures will be taken.
- Orange Zone - Heat index of 90-95 degrees - The league will implement the following at games: water coolers will be available at each field complex for players/parents/fans; goalies will be allowed to take time outs when needed at no cost to cool down.
- Red Zone - Heat index of 96 to 104 degrees - The league will implement the following for games: all measures taken in the Orange Zone; the length of games will be modified: Games will be reduced by 6 minutes, 2 minute reduction for each period.
- Black Zone - Heat index above 104 - The league will cancel all games until the heat index returns to 104 or below.