All games have been cancelled for 5-12-19.
The GTIHL is looking to expand its game day operations personnel for the 2019 inline hockey season. We are looking to fill the following positions:
Rink Managers, Score Keepers, Concessions and Hockey Officials.
Please visit http://www.gtihl.com/applyonline for information regarding each job opening.
We need your help!! APPLY TODAY!!!
White Zone - Heat index of 65-80 degrees
- No special measures will be taken.
Yellow Zone - Heat index of 81-89 degrees
- Players are encouraged to take extra steps to stay hydrated. No special measures will be taken.
Orange Zone - Heat index of 90-95 degrees
- The league will implement the following at games: water coolers will be available at each field complex for players/parents/fans; goalies will be allowed to take time outs when needed at no cost to cool down.
Red Zone - Heat index of 96 to 104 degrees
- The league will implement the following for games: all measures taken in the Orange Zone; the length of games will be modified: Games will be reduced by 6 minutes, 2 minute reduction for each period.
Black Zone - Heat index above 104
- The league will cancel all games until the heat index returns to 104 or below. When games are canceled due to an excessive heat index, all remaining games will be canceled until 5:45 P.M. If temperatures are still unsafe at 5:25 P.M., then the 5:45 P.M. game will be canceled as well and each game thereafter will be evaluated until the temperature drops below 104.
WEATHER CANCELLATION PROCEDURE:
• Team managers will be contacted about any weather cancellations.
• Weather cancellations will be posted on Facebook and Twitter for individual player’s purposes.
• If a game cannot start 20 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, then that game will be cancelled. (E.g.- If it rained overnight and a game is scheduled at 10:05 A.M. then the surface must be playable by 9:45 A.M. or the game will be cancelled).
• If a weather delay occurs during a current game, then that game will be delayed for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- If the game cannot continue after 20 minutes, that game shall be postponed to another date.
- The scoreboard locks immediately upon the drop of the initial faceoff.
- The team roster locks after the conclusion of one complete period.
- A team may add a player that was not present by taking one minor penalty for each player added.
- If agreed upon by both team managers, players that were not present may participate at no penalty cost.
- The team may use their back-up goalie or a substitute goalie in a situation where their main goalie cannot play.
• Games that are cancelled due to inclement weather will be made up at the rinks next availability. Due to rink scheduling, make-up games have the possibility of being scheduled on a weeknight. Schedule requests will not be guaranteed.
• Regular season matchups may be altered as a result of rained out games.
Gold - TBD END OF JUNE
Silver - TBD END OF JUNE
Bronze - TBD END OF JUNE
To all GTIHL players, coaches, referees, contractors, and fans,
We’d like to take a moment to publicly address an incident which occurred this past weekend. First, the safety of our players, fans, referees, and contractors will always take the utmost precedence in determining the corrective action for those involved. While we cannot divulge the specifics, the Board has elected to issue very severe suspensions to the individuals engaging in the abusive, reckless and dangerous behaviors. While some may consider these punishments as harsh, they are fair considering the past patterns of the individuals involved.
The majority of our members play and act responsibly and we greatly appreciate those that behave appropriately in a fun and competitive atmosphere. We are disappointed when individuals go beyond the scope of competitive play and choose to put other individuals at risk of injury. Profane and abusive language towards referees or rink staff certainly will not be tolerated either. Disrespect towards officials and rink staff is something that the Board takes quite seriously. We hope this sends a clear and direct message to all league members that they must behave appropriately or risk similar consequences. This league is a privilege and not a right!
The amount of “behind the scenes” effort that goes into running a league as large as this can be taxing for those that dedicate their hours and their life to this organization. Incidents like these only add to the frustration of those who wish for the GTIHL to flourish. Ultimately the behavior of the members will decide the fate of the GTIHL as we are committed to ensure this league continues to the best of the Board members’ abilities. It is the intent and hope of this letter to serve as a wake up call to the players, coaches and fans of the GTIHL. The negative behaviors that have been exhibited, the foul language that has been used, and the abusive behavior and talking back to GTIHL referees and rink staff highlighted above are no longer acceptable and will not be tolerated going forward.
We wish every team the best of luck as we conclude the Summer 2018 season and look to enjoy the GTIHL as it was originally intended.