Gold - Hoof Hearted
Silver - KT's Diner
Bronze - Jackalopes
White Zone - Heat index of 65-80 degrees
- No special measures will be taken.
Yellow Zone - Heat index of 81-89 degrees
- Players are encouraged to take extra steps to stay hydrated. No special measures will be taken.
Orange Zone - Heat index of 90-95 degrees
- The league will implement the following at games: water coolers will be available at each field complex for players/parents/fans; goalies will be allowed to take time outs when needed at no cost to cool down.
Red Zone - Heat index of 96 to 104 degrees
- The league will implement the following for games: all measures taken in the Orange Zone; the length of games will be modified: Games will be reduced by 6 minutes, 2 minute reduction for each period.
Black Zone - Heat index above 104
- The league will cancel all games until the heat index returns to 104 or below. When games are canceled due to an excessive heat index, all remaining games will be canceled until 5:45 P.M. If temperatures are still unsafe at 5:25 P.M., then the 5:45 P.M. game will be canceled as well and each game thereafter will be evaluated until the temperature drops below 104.
WEATHER CANCELLATION PROCEDURE:
• Team managers will be contacted about any weather cancellations.
• Weather cancellations will be posted on Facebook and Twitter for individual player’s purposes.
• If a game cannot start 20 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, then that game will be cancelled. (E.g.- If it rained overnight and a game is scheduled at 10:05 A.M. then the surface must be playable by 9:45 A.M. or the game will be cancelled).
• If a weather delay occurs during a current game, then that game will be delayed for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- If the game cannot continue after 20 minutes, that game shall be postponed to another date.
- The scoreboard locks immediately upon the drop of the initial faceoff.
- The team roster locks after the conclusion of one complete period.
- A team may add a player that was not present by taking one minor penalty for each player added.
- If agreed upon by both team managers, players that were not present may participate at no penalty cost.
- The team may use their back-up goalie or a substitute goalie in a situation where their main goalie cannot play.
• Games that are cancelled due to inclement weather will be made up at the rinks next availability. Due to rink scheduling, make-up games have the possibility of being scheduled on a weeknight. Schedule requests will not be guaranteed.
• Regular season matchups may be altered as a result of rained out games.